[Some links provided are affiliate links which earn me a very small commission.]
Summer is here! It’s time for BBQ’s and picnics. So that means you need a quick go-to recipe that won’t take all day to make. Well, my taco salad is just the recipe you need!
Let me preface this by saying this is NOT a healthy recipe. You can find those on another blog. Ha! I promise you’ll be in and out of the kitchen with this one. It’s always a hit and perfect for all your upcoming outdoor functions.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 8 oz. Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 green onion
- 1 tomato
- Iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce
- 2 – packs of Lawry’s Hot Taco Seasoning
- Cheese – Mexican Style
- Sofrito & Adobo (optional)
- Place 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil in your pan and heat it.
- Add your ground turkey to the pan.
- Begin cooking your ground turkey. You can now add any seasoning you typically add to your ground turkey. I personally add Sofrito and a little Adobo for seasoning and extra flavor. 🙂
- Now, add 1 packet of Lawry’s Taco Seasoning and cook until completely browned.
- Set your turkey aside to cool.
- While your meat cools, chop the tomato, lettuce and green onions.
- Add your veggies to your ground turkey and mix it together.
- Next, add half the bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing.
- Now here’s my secret. Get your second packet of Lawry’s Taco seasoning and sprinkle half the packet all over your salad. Then mix it well.
- Lastly, add your Mexican Style Cheese and mix. I also sprinkle another top layer of cheese because I love it!
This is my favorite way to make taco salad. Feel free to add more tomato and adjust the recipe to your liking. I hope you like this recipe as much as we do at home! If you try it let me know how you like it in the comments.